- Parts of Speech. Discuss that words can either be nouns or verbs.
Have child write 2 different sentences using: bat, watch, felt, mind, hit, answer, wash, pinch, drop, border, bark, laps. (can change end or tense if needed)
- Distinguish subject pronouns from object pronouns.
- Recognize possessive pronouns.
- Proper nouns. (always capitalize)
List of 18 words
(arrow, buffalo, burro, chose, chrome, cloak, compose, cove, foam, gopher, grown, knowing, loan, loaves, roast, rows, soak, solo)
- Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
Chapter Summaries (each day for reading)
Discuss concept of reading for details.
- Worksheets everyday
Addition and Subtraction
- Adding Inches & Feet, Ounces & Pounds, Minutes & Hours
- Discuss echinoderms, take notes, have child draw three favorite echinoderms for science log.
- Make identification cards for different echinoderms (use index cards) Include picture, description, habitat and usefulness to humans.
- Glossary Terms: radial symmetry, endoskeleton, regeneration, vascular system, tube feet, rays and detritus.
- Research Sponges, their habitat, take notes, have child draw detailed illustration for science log.
- Read about the responsibilities and daily lives of Puritan children.
- Read about crafts and toys from the colonial period (have child design their own simple toy for that era through drawing or crafting)
- Read about the meals that were prepared in colonial period.
- Read about the relationship between the early settlers and the Indians.